· Introduce one new food at a time and at a time when you know the child is hungry
· Watch portion servings that not to big
· Try meals where the children can choose their own food like Taco’s
· Be consistent; ensure all adults do the same when feeding your child.
· Have only healthy foods available between meals for snacks
· Encourage group or family meals where everyone sits and eats at the same time
· Allow the children to help with the menu planning and meal preparation
· Always offer your child at least one healthy food option you know they will eat at each meal.
· Take snacks and water with you when you go out so you do not have to resort to shop brought high sugar and fat foods.
· Turn Television off or other distractions
· Do not encourage negative behaviours by laughing or fussing if your child spits or throws food etc.